Sunday, October 28, 2012

Take Five With Kristina Morales

Take Five With Kristina Morales


Meet Kristina Morales:
With an incandescent brilliance, rising star Kristina Morales' voice shines across the heart of the city of New Orleans with illuminating clarity and burns with heart-wrenching warmth. She electrifies and charms her audience with a vulnerable passion and is commended by musicians and audiences alike for her use of vocal instrumentation while still giving lyrical color with a delicate seamlessness.
Instrument(s):
Vocal.
Teachers and/or influences?
Louis Armstrong, Jill Scott, Bobby McFerrin, Nicholas Payton}, Billie Holiday, Camille, Esperanza Spalding.
I knew I wanted to be a musician when...
...since I can remember I've been singing. I use to sing the blues in the bathtub when I was 2 years old.
Your sound and approach to music:
I approach each song differently. Sometimes it's about the feeling or the texture, sometimes it's simply about the message and story, sometimes it's completely about shaping sound and letting my voice fly alongside the other instruments. It's important to me to let each song have its moment and unique sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment